lunes, 28 de enero de 2008

Adriana Asti


It seems for certain that back then
I was animated by a great fire within me.
I would be seen speaking in the plaza
with my arms outstretched,
my face reddened,
looking at those who,
upon crossing my path,
hurried their steps without even a greeting.
Dark would arrive
and I would keep on going,
propped up by the walls,
haranguing even my bewildered companions.
The moment drew near:
contradictory rumors were bruited about
and reports were heaped upon other reports,
and all was now in readiness.
So what became of me in those days?
Everything led to a belief in victory:
even the most complete of strangers hurried
to extend me their hands;
they invited me here and there
and proffered easy-going manly chats.
But something failed in that grand enterprise:
Autumn ended and an icy wind
shut all the doors.

(Traductor: Arturo Mantecón)


-----


Adriana Asti


Parece seguro que entonces
estaba animado por un gran fuego interior.
Se me veía hablar por la plaza
con los brazos extendidos, la cara
enrojecida mirando a los que al cruzar
apretaban el paso
sin saludar apenas.
Llegaba el atardecer y seguía
apoyado en los muros
arengando aún
a los difusos compañeros.
Se acercaba el momento:
venían rumores contradictorios
y se apilaban noticias
a noticias, y todo estaba
ya dispuesto.
Qué fue pues de mí en aquel tiempo.
Todo llevaba a creer en la victoria:
hasta los más ajenos se apresuraban
a estrecharme las manos;
se me invitaba y profería
fácilmente charlas de hombres.
Pero algo falló en la gran empresa:
acabó otoño y un viento
helado cerró las puertas.

1971

1 comentario:

Istefel dijo...

Créditos de Calígula.
Ahí está ella, Adriana.
Sobre el poema de carne helada y buche rojo.